Thursday, April 30, 2009

count down...

I am now down to my final days before our baby arrives. At my recent Hospital appointment on Tuesday (28th April), the Doctor booked me in to be induced tomorrow- Friday 1st May. He was fairly confident that I would go into labour naturally before then as I was already 3cms dilated, but I think the baby has since developed stage freight and decided to stay where it is nice and cozy. The reason for the induction is that it seems I have developed Cholestasis again- the same condition I had with Lachlan which saw me induced at 37 weeks with him. This time around I have at least gone further in the pregnancy and tomorrow I will have reached 39 weeks.

With that in mind, we wanted to take some 'family' photo's as a memory of our last day before the exciting arrival of baby number 2.

I am feeling so many things right now, from elation (that I get to meet baby sooner than expected), to terror (remembering what really is involved in getting a baby from "in there" to "out here"), to anxiety (what happens if they don't end up inducing me and I am all preped and ready), to delight and happiness.
Wish me luck as I await the arrival of this precious child we are all eagerly awaiting.

1 comment:

Aria said...

Oh my goodness, Rhi!!! I am SO excited for you guys! Good luck with everything! You're in our prayers. You're probably having the baby right now, actually, because of the time change!

By the way, you look gorgeous! I wish I could have taken some maternity photos for you!